Tuesday 29 May 2012

Persona 4 Arena will be awesome


So you all will probably have been wondering about what I think about Persona 4 Arena (the english name of the game for Ultimate in Mayonaka arena). Being such a huge persona fan and the fact that there have already been numerous updates, why haven't I posted anything? Well there is actually no need for me to post anything about Persona 4 Arena, because without a doubt...

It will be awesome.

That's right, when they first announced Persona 4 Arena I was already nuts about it. As updates went by about character reveals and gameplay mechanics, I didn't give them a lot of thought, not like for Marvel vs Capcom 3. The game is already shaping up to be amazing. The fighting mechanics are developed by Arc system works, the guys behind Blazblue. To me Blazblue had the best fighting mechanics amongst most of the modern day fighting games. It may not be as easy to pick up as Marvel 3, but its definitely more satisfying when you master it. I have high hopes for Persona 4 Arena, and I do not think it will disappoint.


Labrys looks awesome already.

The game includes characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4. I have played Persona 3, Persona 3:Fes, Persona 3 portable, Persona 4 (cleared it twice) and watched the Persona 4 animation. Needless to say I am a huge persona fan, and I am super hyped for this. The character cast looks to be quite awesome as of now. The entire persona 4 cast is here (I'm still hoping for Adachi or Izanami) and from Persona 3 we have Aigis, Mitsuru, Akihiko and Elizabeth. Labrys, a character from the Persona 3 drama CD, also makes her appearance as a playable character.

The character list may be not complete yet, but I am hoping for a few more from the Persona 3 side. Minato could be the final boss or something, and adding Yukari or Ken will make my day. Still, if this is the final list, I won't complain, because I already found a ton of characters I would love to use. 


Ever wanted to play as the ultimate optional boss of persona 3? Here she is.

Elizabeth will be my top pick. Not only is she the boss in the arcade version, she looks so badass. In a way, she reminds be of Rachel in blazblue. She is powerful as heck, and when she loses a match, its like shes just sitting there looking pretty, instead of writhing in pain like every other character. Her persona is freaking thanatos, one of the main badass personas of persona 3.


Elizabeth is a badass addition to the game, and she is definitely my day 1 main. In addition to style and beauty her posture and fighting method is too awesome to overlook.  


More love for our detective girl!
 
Naoto is my next pick. Being my favorite girl from persona 4, it should be obvious that I would want to use her badly. She looks to be the speedy kind, and seems to be fun to play. While everything about her looks good, I totally wish she has an alternate costume of her in a female school uniform, that would be so moe! Naoto would probably be my sub main.

I don't want to go on for too long, but here's my point. Persona 4 Arena will be awesome, bet on it. If its not, something must have went terribly wrong. Alright, that's it for this post, really looking forward to Persona 4 Arena!

Peace.