Thursday 1 January 2015

Great Game OSTs (Part 3)

Brace yourselves because today its Daisuke Ishiwatari day. If you personally like some metal in your video game music, he's your man. I love this guy, he should just compose all music for fighting games. Hell, I find some of his songs quite fitting for RPGs as well!





Song: Bullet Dance II
From: Blazblue:Chrono Phantasma
Artist: Daisuke Ishiwatari


One of the best character themes in the game. It starts off slow, then ramps up into a complete flurry of speed metal and synths, The superb rifts that represent the tints of the original song is still in tact in this second version, though its a lot more high strung and obvious here. Best of all, this song represents Noel's new look, vision and character in "Chrono Phantasma". Gone are her days of her old weak self, and here comes a brand new Noel, no longer a puppet, but a person that thinks for herself. Too bad though, it'll still take a lot more character development for her to shine as a good character. Her theme though, its still f**king good.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZckPZO7XyeY&index=3&list=PLJlwIqYO-7qToED3nGGSv_zXNAR2e8RiK








Song: Under Heaven Destruction II
From: Blazblue:Chrono Phantasma
Artist: Daisuke Ishiwatari


My 2nd favorite versus theme in the game, right beside "Black And White". I swear, the first "Under Heaven Destruction" was pretty generic and uninspiring, but this improved version just wants to make me break into a mad dance of air sword swinging. It starts off all epic and beautiful with the strong violins, then quickly turns into a mad clash of wills when the drums, guitar and everything else kicks in. Its a strong song, and finally it turns into a song worthy of Ragna and Jin's rivalry. While I feel like the 2 weren't going at it as much in "Chrono Phantasma", it was still a theme to behold when they eventually clashed blades with one another (What would be a Blazblue game without Ragna and Jin trying to whoop each other's asses?).


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BveOWt7zao&list=PLJlwIqYO-7qToED3nGGSv_zXNAR2e8RiK&index=27







Song: Writhe In Pain
From: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
Artist: Daisuke Ishiwatari


This was the pinnacle of Ishiwatari's songs back in the day. In a game like "Guilty Gear" where crazy character designs all had mad metal themes, "Writhe In Pain" was like the one song that felt legitimately amazing when it played. I swear to god that Milla gets all the good themes, because "Writhe In Pain" is just pure eargasm, even today, I feel that its one of Ishiwatari's best songs. It portrays Milla's character extremely well, the self prestige, glorious woman that she is, always bathing herself in fabulous-ness. I mean, she uses her f**king hair to slash people! Surely she's one of the most insane characters you've seen in fighting games!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejIQFXCtcPU&list=PL6EFF0D42A993D423&index=7






Song: The Irony Of Chaste
From: Guilty Gear Isuka
Artist: Daisuke Ishiwatari


I have never even played Isuka (because it honestly didn't look all that great to me), but once again, Ishiwatari's greatness always finds me on the net. "The Irony Of Chaste" is yet another Milla Rage theme (I think it's Venom's  as well), and as I mentioned, its very obvious that Milla gets ALL the f**king good themes. I think this theme sounds a tad bit too evil for her, but nonetheless, its metal and catchy as all f**k, I love it.  The "evil" part of the song is probably meant to fit Venom, but I can't complain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BylfI8Kw7d4





Song: Common Boss Theme 1
From: Hard Corps:Uprising
Artist: Daisuke Ishiwatari


I never once thought about this game, at all. In fact, I never knew it existed...until I saw Ishiwatari's discography included a game that I've never heard of before. Bingo, its "Hard Corps:Uprising", and when I hit it up on YouTube, the top video was its boss theme. I clicked on it...and oh my god. Its like my heart exploded from awesomeness. For a boss theme, this one kicked major f**king ass, with its loud, powerful and intense sounds. If it was meant to sound menacing and make you feel like a badass while it plays, then by god, it does the job perfectly.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaSVS7fVEXg