I do love me my fighting games, and whenever I see something that interests me, I get hyped as f**k. There hasn't been a lot of fighting games to really get me super hyped up since the days of the reveal of "Marvel Vs Capcom 3". Indeed, those were the days, the cinematic trailer that they used as the reveal as SO amazing....to bad the game could have been somewhat better. "Persona 4:Arena" came close to reaching "MVC 3"'s level of hype, but in the end, it still wasn't on the same level.


So with some fighting games on the horizon that I would potentially be interested in ("P4A: Super Climax Hold", "BB: Chrono Phantasma", "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle", "Guilty Gear Xrd"), all of them don't really get me hyped to the same levels as the original "P4A" and "MVC 3"....however, there is one sleeper title that really got me interested. Deep down, I was hoping for something like this to happen, FOR A VERY LONG TIME. 


Yep, with the title of this post, you'd already know what I'm referring to. "Dengki Bunko Fighting Climax" is a fighting game crossover featuring anime characters from the various "Dengki Bunko" light novels, and believe it or not, this is the closest thing that we've ever had to an anime fighting game. Hell, this IS the definition of an anime fighting game crossover! As an avid watcher of anime, this excites me to no end! Though with the initial reveals, it looks like there's still quite a bit more to go before the full roster comes out...Anyway, it matters not, I'm hyped for "Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax", and I'll be doing an initial character impression posts on its currently revealed roster. Support characters not yet included, I'll probably talk about them in the future. I haven't actually played the games, but I'll be using what I know from trailers and screenshots.


I cannot wait for this game! Seriously! I'll import if I have to, god dammit! (PLEASE release for the consoles!)






Name: Asuna
From: Sword Art Online
Role: Playable Character


I love SAO, I love it with pride! However, putting Asuna in the game may not be the smartest move. Sure it'll attract fanboys, I mean, everyone loves her (okay, almost everyone). In all honesty, while she will work in a fighting game, I'd very much rather see Kirito and his overpowered dual wielding bullshit (more on this later). He would make SUCH an insane character to play as! With Asuna though, we get to see her magic casts, sword arts etc etc...its alright, but not as exciting as it would be to see Kirito in the game. She'd work great as a support, but meh, if they want to put her as a playable character, I guess it works too.


Hype Ranking: 6th






Name: Shana
From: Shakugan No Shana
Role: Playable Character


Shana seems like a sensible choice. I loved the "Shakugan No Shana" series, and honestly there's many characters that I'd like to see made playable (Playable Sabrac would make me die a happy man, Khamsin would be freaking epic as well), but Shana would be a very close 3rd. From what I can see, she's a rush down character, and I'd like to think that she can play this role well. A great choice overall, I'm quite sure even if the anime is over, Shana would still have a lot of fans. 


Hype Ranking: 4th






Name: Kuroyukihime
From: Accel World
Role: Playable Character


I've never watched "Accel World", but I do know that it's quite popular, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see the poster girl of "Accel World", Kuroyukihime, to make an appearance. As someone who knows nothing of the franchise, I can't say that I'm too excited or too disappointed in this pick...but judging from videos and screen shots alone, she's a pretty gimmicky character. She's got nice melee combos with a scythe of some sort. For now she's low on my radar, we'll just have to wait until I get my hands on the game for more info. To be fair about her ranking...I haven't watched "Accel World".


Hype Ranking: 8th






Name: Misaka Mikoto
From: To Aru Majutsu No Index
Role: Playable Character


You know me, I'm an absolute fanboy when it comes to the "Index" franchise. Misaka being in the game is freaking fantastic! Sure there are other characters that I would like from the "Index" franchise to have made it in (Kanzaki Kaori, Accelerator and more), but Misaka is an amazing choice. Or more probably, it was the most sensible choice, because when people think of the franchise, she's probably the number one girl to come to mind. A tsundere electrically powered girl? Yes please! Plus, her play style is keep away based, which fits her well (though I'm not a fan of keep away types in fighting games).


Hype Ranking: 1st






Name: Kirino Kousaka
From: Oreimo
Role: Playable Character



How did she make it in?! I mean, I'm stoked that she's in here, but I have no idea how they made a move set for someone like Kirino in a fighting game. Kirino is popular, but as a fighting game character, she'd have to be orthodox as f**k (which is how she is in the trailers). I'd see her as a nice commercial choice, since she is somewhat well received...but still, its weird. Doesn't matter though, if the likes of Phoenix Wright made it into UMVC 3, I don't see how Kirino can't work. She cosplays in battle, which is pretty hilarious and character fitting at the same time.


Hype Ranking: 7th






Name: Shizuo Heiwajima
From: Durarara!
Role: Playable Character


The only playable manly man character (Kirito isn't a true man) in the game so far is a f**king badass one. If there was a character pick from the "Durarara!" series to be put into a fighting game, no one would fit better than Shizuo. This was seriously a nice pick, one of my favorite ones in the game thus far. I mean, Celty would be great with her scythe and motorcycle, but since she's an assist, I can't complain. I'd rather take Shizuo as a playable character over her anyway. And since he is a melee, grapple based character, it fits him even more. Can't wait to smash faces as him.


Hype Ranking: 3rd





Name: Tomoka Minato
From: Ro-Kyu-Bu!
Role: Playable Character


Tomoka making it into the game is pretty....strange. I mean, A FREAKING LOLI BASKETBALL GIRL! I have no idea what the heck is going on, but hey, if Kirino works, Tomoka may not be too far away. In all seriousness, I think Tomoka would actually beat Kirino in a real fight anyway...so, why not? Seeing as the other "Ro-Kyu-Bu!" girls made it in as support characters, there's not much more I need to say. Hey, I'd play as Tomoka, don't mind me. I'll be shooting basketballs at your face, all day. I wonder if they'll make her scoop move a super....I'm strangely excited for this character, aren't I?


Hype Ranking: 5th






Name: Kirito

From: Sword Art Online
Role: Playable Character


First of all, this erases the assumption that there's only one playable character from each franchise, since we already have Asuna. Second of all, Kirito should have been the SAO representative, no offense to Asuna fans, but Kirito just looks too good, and from the trailer alone, he's just a f**king badass. He starts off with a single sword, then he can cast dual wield to actually gain his second sword. I can't wait to see more on how he works, because the possibilities are just endless!  His super already looks insane, stardust stream mother f**kers!


Hype Ranking: 2nd

Overall hype ranking

1st: Misaka Mikoto
2nd: Kirito
3rd: Shizuo Heiwajima
4th: Shana
5th: Tomoka Minato
6th: Asuna
7th: Kirino Kousaka
8th: Kuroyukihime 



I cannot wait for more characters to be revealed! (Please, we need Taiga)